Saturday, August 16, 2008

Terrence Trevails bicycles to live by, 2009 Edition

Durcus One Master



DURCUS ONE MASTER TRACK BIKE from W-BASE BICYCLE GARAGE on Vimeo.

MASI unknown





Schwinn (the) Cutter

They claimed to name this one after the team in Breaking Away but I'm thinking it was named after the Echo and the Bunnymen song.



Bianchi Pista (Flat Bar)



Leader 735 TR/TT (at least I think that it is) This frame looks really good and stout. I'm not certain what Van Dessel is but it sounds bald and steroid ridden. I'm pretty sure this is the Leader frame but not certain. I've been eyeing the Leader because it looks pretty good and is fairly affordable. I've heard good and bad things about this frame and it all comes back to the way you ride I suppose.



a few more shots...




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lime green Pista is sick!

terrence trevail said...

HAHA! I do not know if I would live by them. I guess it all depends on how much loot you want to part with. The Cutter (which I think is named after the Echo and the Bunnymen song also) is REALLY suspect. It is probably the equivalent of a metal turd. I know the Bianchi Pista is all hated on by some, but who cares. The Van Dessel does strike quite the resemblance to the Leader. Just without the cheese wedge shape on the head tube. The green Leader (or whatever it is, no cheese wedge) is the bees knees! It makes me want one more and more.

Matty said...

I just can't see myself riding such a bulky (aluminum, no doubt, with that shape) frame. I know everyone has differing tastes but I truly appreciate the beauty and simplicity of an old-skool-steez, thin-tubed steel frame. I can't really see much benefit for street-riding on one of these frames. Unless you're doing TT or pursuit on the street, that is. Steel is real! My 2¢. And yes. That Cutter looks very suspicious and probably would have to be stripped to the frame and re-built with good components to not be a "metal turd". I wonder if these will sell at a) Walmart or b) Target. Not too many real shops that carry Schwinn anymore.

Matty said...

Oh yeah.. and where can I find one'a them purple seatpost and bullhorns?!

Jarrod said...

I'm banking on those being completely custom painted.
The Schwinn Madison is a nice bike. Schwinn has gone completely down the tubes but the Madison seems to be holding on alright...

ponyheart said...

Van Dessel is actually a decent company although I HATE HATE HATE Cane Creek wheels. I had a pair that crapped out regularly and have had several customers that have had them constantly needing work. Steel is definitely better for tricks and urban riding. It has a more forgiving ride and stands up to wrecks better. You get what you pay for with everything and if you can swing a good tubeset, do it.